Tuesday, May 10, 2016

May 9th, 2016

William Cox
May 9th, 2016
Senior Project

Monday

Today was my first day in the studio. I arrived at nine in the morning and began to set up. I first had to get a tripod and a camera from my father at the tech department, then I had to find a good spot in the art studio to work. I chose a corner and placed my tripod in it, marking the floor with tape so that I would not forget where the feet of the tripod go. Then I broke out an easel and charcoal and paper and got to work. I started simple, deciding to try to animate a walking stick figure, just to test the waters. I imagine that later on I will be able to animate a full person with depth and hopefully accurate dimensions. I kept animating until I had a short little bit with a worm and a spider. It isn't exactly beautiful, but with the right background sounds, it could be a cool little video. I believe this was certainly the first step towards something big.

I do not have all of the technological aspects of the project figured out yet, so I simply used a gif creator online, hence the watermark in the bottom left corner. For my final products I plan to use a more legitimate video creator so that I can add music and or sounds. I have been looking up a lot of charcoal animations online, and I have found that most of them are augmented by sound effects which can add a lot of emotion to a piece. This is very much only the beginning, I cannot wait to see where this project will take me next. 

4 comments: