Saturday, May 7, 2016

May 6th, 2016

William Cox
May 6th, 2016
Senior Project

Friday

 There was one today point where I looked out the window of my tent and saw a bird peeking at me from behind a tree. He ducked behind it, and proceeded to peck on it at an astounding pace. He did this for several hours when I was trying to sleep, I wonder If he annoyed me on purpose. Either way I had a good humor about it, birds will be birds i guess. I woke up completely at about seven-o-clock and got straight to work. It took me half my day to clean up the campsite and move everything back to my car. I decided to make two trips to the campsite and back, this way I didn't have to spend the extra hour that it would take me to stuff everything into my bag. I was happy to be headed home, but I will miss that place. 

I said one last goodbye to my campsite and took off down the trail for the second time that day. It would be nice to relax, I remember thinking, indoors and such. But i'm finding now as I type this that the indoors are nothing like being outside. I will miss waking up to fresh air and the sound of fisherman not making any noise at all (fisherman are quiet).

3 comments:

  1. I agree. Once you are used to being outside, the inside doesn't compare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blogs, Will. I hope the camping part was exactly what you wanted it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny- the sound of fisherman who don't make any noise in case the fish hear them... do fish have ears?

    ReplyDelete