Saturday, May 7, 2016

May 5th, 2016

William Cox
May 5th, 2016
Senior Project

Thursday

Thursday was my most intensive writing day. I started off the day with a some dry cereal and then heated up some water for oatmeal. This was a great start to a fantastic day. The weather was nice, unlike Wednesday, so I was happy to be able to do most of my writing outside. I sat by the water in my crazy creek and pondered reality. 
After further thought, I decided to stick with creative writing for now, because it more fit my skill set, yet I had never really been given the freedom in school to write stories. I wrote an episode of a series I call Greenleaf Manner.  Its about a boy who lives in a mysterious mansion with his parents, and various random interactions send his mind deep into the dreamworld, where he battles various obstacles. I worked my 6 hours on a story that ended up somewhat readable. I plan to take this passage in my journal and type it over the weekend, making changes and adding a lot of detail. I actually also plan to continue this series until I can form some sort of novel, but thats an adventure for another time. This is my last day in the woods so I figured I would make the best of it. After it had gotten dark and my writings were all finished, I invited my friends Riley and Logan up to the campsite to visit, and we had a wonderful time sitting around the fire and eating baked beans. 

3 comments:

  1. Love this post, Will. I crave for the opportunity to have quiet time to simply write creatively. Our lives our driven by responsibilities, and sometimes our minds need to just be. I'm glad you're having this opportunity to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post, Will. I crave for the opportunity to have quiet time to simply write creatively. Our lives our driven by responsibilities, and sometimes our minds need to just be. I'm glad you're having this opportunity to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will, way to tug on my nostalgic thought tendencies! Scott and I both have 3-kid families and rush here and there for months on end... Reading your post is like visiting another world, something strangely familiar, but so distant. I'm glad you've been connecting to the pond and to your own meandering mind. Having the time to breathe and think and create is such an overlooked luxury these days. It sounds like you are embracing this time.

    ReplyDelete