Tuesday, May 17, 2016

May 16th, 2016


William Cox
May 16th, 2016
Senior Project

Monday

Today I got in early, feeling good and ready to go. I began working on my elephant, but quickly put him aside when I had an idea for a new scene. This scene included an eye, which cries a tear that then sprouts a plant, and the eye becomes a sun over the plant. This scene took up the rest of my day, which is somewhat sad because of how short it actually is. For this scene I used a new tactic, instead of drawing and erasing on the same sheet of paper, I began to use several sheets of paper over each other, because I could see through the first sheet, I could then draw on the second sheet with precise marks, so that the objects in the scene could move with fluidity in the final animation. I am beginning to worry that I will not have enough animation to have a presentable project at the end of the term. But at the same time I am happy to be back making progress in the studio, and plan to continue my endeavor tomorrow at lightening pace. I think that for this animation to be presentable I will need to come up with a lot more filler, and some longer scenes, because as of right now I only have short scenes, minus the scene I shot on the first day, which makes up most of the actual animation. Perhaps I can come up with a way to do a similar scene, because that scene required less drawing and erasing and more just capturing frames for the final animation. Which speeds up the process a lot and makes it far less tedious. 

3 comments:

  1. Have to admit I could not follow what you are doing technically however the process you describe is fascinating. Great blog that communicates what you are doing with what you are feeling...some pressure. All good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Animation is a slow process. It does take a while to make a lengthy animation. Sounds like you have a process now to work with. Good luck! I can't wait to hear more.
    Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Animation is a slow process. It does take a while to make a lengthy animation. Sounds like you have a process now to work with. Good luck! I can't wait to hear more.
    Anna :)

    ReplyDelete